The first and foremost step for the preparation of any competitive exam including the SSC CGL, is being well aware of the syllabus and exam pattern. Students must prepare the topics mentioned in the syllabus from a limited number of well-known books. All this you can do when you will know that what are the best books for SSC CGL preparation. Solving full-length mock tests and previous year’s papers is a must after completing the syllabus.
Syllabus of SSC CGL Recruitment Exam:
Tier-1: There will be four sections of General Awareness, English, Maths (Quant), and Reasoning. Each section will have 25 questions and 50 marks.
Tier-2: There will be two sections of Maths and English consisting 100 questions for Maths and 200 questions of English.
Tier-3: is a descriptive paper that is supposed to be answered in Hindi or English language.
Also check details on how to Prepare for SSC CGL 2021 at home here!
Here is the list of some of the subject-wise best books for preparation of SSC CGL Exam:
- Perfect Competitive English by V.K.Sinha
- Descriptive English by S.P. Bakshi
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi, Arihant Publication
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- NCERT Maths books (Class 8 – 12)
- R.D. Sharma Maths books (Class 8 – 12)
- QUANTUM CAT by Sarvesh Verma.
- SSC Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Analytical Reasoning by M.k. Pandey.
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
Know how to prepare for English paper for SSC CGL here!
- Lucent’s General Knowledge by Binary Karn
- General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
- Manorama Yearbook 2019 by Philip Mathew
- Competition Success Review by CSR Editorial Board
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Agarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma